Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan

Review Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan


Buy Cheap Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan From Here Now!

At last the secret to baking authentic crusty French bread at home is revealed! The perforated surface allows moisture to escape, resulting in a satisfying crunch. The unique shape of the pan provides a real, honest-to-goodness baguette, or actually a pair of baguettes. Now put on some Edith Piaf, pour yourself a glass of wine, and get baking!
Readmore

Technical Details

- Essential for making French bread
- Heavy-gauge steel construction
- Nonstick surface
- Hand washing recommended
- 25-year warranty
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
 "Nice Bread Pan" 2010-07-31
By B. Noe (Georgia)
Bought this pan so I could make multiple small loaves of bread.

It does what I needed it to do. Wish that the finish wouldn't

scratch so easily. Bread doesn't stick as long as I spray with

Pam and use lots of cornmeal.

Customer Buzz
 "Should the paint scrape off on first use?" 2010-07-14
By Lylebama
I am a novice baker who has just started baking bread using a Peter Reinhart book as a guide. Although I have followed his advice and baked French baguettes on a hearthstone,I saw this perforated pan and thought I would give it a try. The bread turned out as well as those baked on a stone, but the paint scraped or burned off the underside of the pan after one use. I did not overheat the pan and I hadn't even washed it yet when I noticed the flaking paint. I had thought I might give these pans to my baking friends as birthday or Christmas presents but have reconsidered.

Customer Buzz
 "I Just Threw Mine In the Garbage" 2010-06-09
By James Skrydlak (Pella, Iowa)
I bought the predecessor to this pan about twenty years ago. It served me very well. Bread didn't stick to it, the non-stick coating didn't come off, and it always produced good bread. I replaced it only because I made the mistake of laying it down on a hot burner on my stove and damaged it.



I bought this pan about six months ago. Within about half a dozen uses, the "non-stick" (more on "non-stick" later) coating was being rubbed off on the bottom of the pan. Shortly thereafter, bread would stick to the edges of the pan. Today, bread stuck to nearly the entire pan, although the bread dough wasn't at all sticky when I put it into the pan. I couldn't get the bread out of the pan. It's in the garbage now. I'm done with this pan, and I'm done with Chicago Metallic (actually made in China) equipment.

Customer Buzz
 "Works great! Baguette is shaped much better than baking sheets." 2010-05-03
By Martin Fitch (Oregon USA)
I have tried baking baguettes on baking sheets and I was disappointed at how wide and short they turned out.

I ordered these pans and while looking for them, I found a book that sounded great: Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day. The first time out with the sourdough recipe (p. 64) I was able to bake the best bread in all the years I've been trying. Peter talks about "stretching and folding" the dough before you let it rise and adding hot water to a tray in the oven when you put the bread in to bake. I think both of those steps are as important as these pans to get the right shape baguette during the baking process. If you don't have his book, I'd encourage you to get it as well!



I did spray the pans with cooking oil and dust them with corn meal before using them. I'm washing them by hand. I did not have any problem with the bread sticking to the pan or the pans cleaning up. The bread baked a lot quicker than the book suggested (19 min vs. 27 - 47) I'm not sure if my oven is hotter than I think or if the pans help bake the bread quicker. The crust is perfect. I'll be making more use of them soon.



Customer Buzz
 "Great pan" 2010-04-25
By D. Midwood
I love this pan for making my French-style baguettes. The perforations ensure an awesome crust all around the loaf. Easy to clean - I use them over and over again.


Images Product

Buy Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan Now
Buy Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan |
Cheap Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Low Price Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Best Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Order Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Good Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Lowest Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Save Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Discount Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Purchase Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Shop Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Buying Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan | Where Chicago Metallic 69610 Professional Nonstick Perforated French Bread Pan